Gangnam-Gu



Comments

  1. So this is the night life in Seoul? It didn't seem like any took a special interest or notice in you. Even walking down the street taking a video. What was the store with all the music that you passed. Speaking of which have you tied into the local music scene yet? Any good bands playing around. But it seems like a neat place. Is this within walking distance to your apartment? (BTW, one of the guys at work wanted to know if you knew how much the rent was?) Anyway thanks for the video, I've replayed it a dozen time.

    Need anything from home yet? Just let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nightlife, yes and no. There are several streets like this in Gangnam where it is just bar on top of bar on top of resteraunt. When I return to Hongdae (a university area) the night life is pretty insane and I will be sure to remember my camera so you see the clubs and hear the music.
    Overall there is just a ton of pop music on the streets, like bad korean american rip off pop. Some of the clubs have had some decent electronic mixes and if I make my way to a huge club here called Volume they have the latest electronic similar to Europe. I have not checked out any bands yet I am still finding my way around at night and trying to find ways to research live band locations.
    I will have videos soon of a club and of my typical walk to school to check out.
    I don't pay the rent for my place, but it is about a $80,000 deposit for the year and about $400 a month. (yes $80,000 no typo) A friend in the area had a deposit of $5,000 but pays $1,000 a month. Some areas are cheaper but this area is pricy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment