March 30



Well I will start this post with a picture of the wonderful Say-oo-kang, or shrimp flavored chips. Kids love it, but I am pretty sure you can imagine what they taste like. If you manage to get past the initinal odor blast when you rip open the sturdy bag, you will surely only eat 3 or 4 before you realize what a bag idea this was.

I am struggling to get into a Korean class, but there are many offered so I am on the hunt for another. Learning vocabulary is not that hard, but making sentences is not easy. You either need classes or a very patient Korean friend.

Finally got a tennis racket in my hands on Sunday. I met up with another foreigner who has an abundance of rackets and is looking for someone to hit around with. The Olympics were in Seoul some 20 years ago and the courts are still around. So I will be able to play tennis once or twice a week for the next couple of months.

The weather has started to change also, so we will soon start playing soccer 2 days a week with some local Korean boys and a couple co-workers. There is a nice pitch down by the river and I can't wait to get playing these sports.

So the pictures..

Middle picture here is of our field trip on Tuesday. We went to a flour shop for kids. All the kids got to play with flour, dough, and wheat seeds. Kind of a weird activity but the kids and teacher alike had a blast.

And you gotta love Alice..

Comments

  1. Hi Phillip,

    Thanks for all the pictures. The kids look like they're handful, for sure! What, exactly, do you teach them? And what's with the names of the classes? You've had a Lion class, a Cherry class and I forgot the other...is there a meaning to the names?

    Now that the weather is improving sounds like you're able to get out more. Tennis and Soccer. I'll be interesting in hearing how your skill match up!

    Now about the shrimp chips...well, enough about the shrimp chips....

    TTFN and thanks for the picts!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jim,
    Well they are a handful and I am teaching them the most basic concepts. Hello, How are you, what's this. They are learning to hold a pencil still so I focus totally on getting them to STOP speaking Korean in the class and use the English words they are learning. My 5 yrs olds are Cherry class, my 2 afternoon 8 yr old classes are Manatee and Dragon. There is no real meaning to the names, just alternate every year between animals and fruits.
    Yes tennis has been fun and we are playing soccer tomorrow. Just foreign friends at the moment but Koreans tend to join in at some point.
    Playing some live music again tonight at a small bar. We plan to play 3 covers and 5 originals Christophe and I wrote. It will be interesting to see if they sound as good to others as they do to us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment