Ok Ok Ok

Hello everyone!!!

It has been a crazy couple of weeks and I am sorry the posts have not been flowing. It is unfortunate because so much has been happening around here.

The first topic is weather. We are mid May right now and it is probably the best two weeks so far in Seoul. The fall is a very nice time of year, and spring is just great. In about two weeks I feel it will get very very hot so I am soaking up as many of these days as I can.
A while ago now, like one month I guess we had a school workshop, south of the city way out in the country. The workshop was for all the employees and we had some presentations about how to improve Wonderland. But in Korea, you must drink. So we played some interesting games, had some eats and let the party begin. I think the owner of my school was passed out by 930pm. Everyone just had a good laugh. We spent the night there and headed back to Seoul in the morning. Nice to get out of the city for a day, see some trees, and admire the stars for the first time in a long time. The moon creeping in and out the skyscrapers is very cool, but not the same as laying in the grass back home looking at the thousands bright lights above us.

I have been playing a lot of bass lately with Christophe and we got our own gig. We got about 20 of our friends to come and had maybe 50 people at the bar to perform for. We played 8 original tracks and 5 covers, played for almost 2 hours, including a short break. It was lots of fun, and everyone seemed to have a good time. The end of the set and after party got pretty crazy, everyone just having a good time. We also opened up for a popular band in Iteawon the week after, and it went well. The videos I have of the first show are not great but I will post one, or get some footage from my friends of the more recent one.

I will brag about the partying a little bit, but keep it simple here on the blog. I have continued to find new clubs or hang out places in the city. One particularly fun night, Christophe and I met my friend at club Ellui, for their grand opening. My friend must have some money or know the right people because we had this killer VIP table. The club is right out of the movies, perfection actually. I also saw Deadmau5 one week ago. He is an awesome DJ and put on a great show. If you never heard of him, check him out. Seoul gets one big artist like him maybe every couple of months so when they come you have to take advantage.

On a similar and fun note, I just got my tickets for my end of July trip. I am going to Thailand with Christophe. We are excited! Cool place to visit and add another country to my list.

I have made my decision about my job for the next couple of months at least. I will stay at Wonderland until graduation in February. And in the mean time I will be hunting down a, international or public school job. More money and less hours I hope. I will be coming home for a couple of weeks, just don't know the dates yet.

The Korean is coming along well. I just have to force myself to study outside of class. Not the most fun thing to do but it helps. I also have the support of a couple friends who struggle and correct me when we hang out. I am also using Rosetta Stone again. At first hated it. No explanations and the conversations are not very natural according to my friends. But none the less it helps.

I will be on again soon. Any questions or just want to say hello, throw me an e-mail.
Later

Comments