More Buildings

Ok so these buildings are all in my area. The middle building the the World Trade Center building. I don't know what the tall skinny round one is but just some more buildings. The World Trade Center building is directly above COEX, shopping mall.











This is the Kring building. I am not sure of its purpose but it is one of my favorites in my area. It is located just one intersection from mine. At the intersection there are several high end car dealerships including Audi, Porsche, BMW, and one I have seen only in Korea.











I recoginize this building from google while I was researching the Gangnam-gu area. It is across the street from COEX, and the World Trade Center building.

Comments

  1. Amazing architecture. I googled Kring building and got this: http://www.randomwire.com/kring-creative-culture-space It is apparently a place for public creative gatherings. He (or she, I didn't really look) had some neat pictures of the interior.

    To tell the truth I am totally blown away by how modern the architecture is. Are there also historical sections of Seoul as well. I remember when I was in Berlin that there were some really modern (for the times, I am old, or as Mom would say older, after all) mixed when with some really old buildings. Of course, in the case of Berlin it was a case of the West (us, the good guys) showing off against the East (the Soviet bad guys, boooo!) for world impressions. Maybe it's the same in Seoul. The more modern South showing off to it's more primitive North. In any case, some very impressive architecture to say the least.

    BTW, what kind of goodies do you like, or want. Anything uniquely USA that you can share with your Korean friends?

    I hope you had fun Friday night.

    TTRN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am totally loving the architecture here. Always nice to have cool stuff to look at while wandering the streets. I have not seen "old seoul" yet but your right I know its around.
    The weekend was great, and friday was very fun with my friends!

    There are many goodies that are original to the US, but not many that I am craving. Maybe some BlowPops, and trident brand gum. I have bought gum a couple of times and it is actually candy haha. Thanks Jim !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment