Chinese Food



Ok so it has been a little while since my last posts, but here is some of the food I enjoyed in China.
This first picture is a spicy mystery meat with excellent grilled onions. The second picture is a double crusted meat pizza/sandwich/pie. It was amazing as was the spicy meat. We ate both of these just outside of the Forbidden Kingdom.
The third and fourth pictures are from Shanghai. It was at a restruant in an underground shopping mall. The shopping mall was however entirely knock-offs, stolen products and very cheap. You could get a custon suit, Armani quality for about $100 or less. I got Rosetta Stone for about $21. The meal was spicy meat and peppers. Sides of fried rice and spring rolls. Some of the best chinese food ever!
The last picture is a legit duck. We ordered a whole duck and it was the most normal thing on the menu. The duck was ok, but nothing special. The menu was about 30-40 pages thick with the most bizarre foods I have seen up to this day. I am trying to remember exactly what they all were but heres what I know for sure. Bird nest soup, sea cucumber (several different ways), black mold, several colors of fungus, livers, lungs, intestines, tongues, brain (several animals). I wish I could remember them all but needless to say weird stuff.
Our favorite food was meats on a stick that you get from restaurants similar to street vendors. You pick out the raw meats and veggies you want and they spend about 10-15 mins preparing them on a grill. They baste them dozens of times with their secrete sauce or marinade. Oh ya, good stuff! I think Chris was in heaven eating them and his favorite meat was tongue! Not sure what animal but he did love those tongues.

Comments