Misty Seoul

Seoul has been covered in a mist for the last two days. It is creating an unnatural warmth in the streets, t-shirt weather for two days in November. No complaints by any means.

I have totally recovered for my hospital visit last week and feel tip-top shape again. Classes continue to go well and I can see progress in most of my students every week. This past week in school we had a Thanksgiving themed day where we made these cute turkey projects with the students. It was never in my scope of teaching to build plastic and paper turkeys with 6yr old children but it was truly fun. Every day that goes by students are yelling "PHILLIP TEACHER" and giving me hugs, high-fives and pulling on your shirt for attention. I have had two of my students, boys, surprise me with a kiss on the cheek. It caught me off guard both times but I was able to laugh it off later and realize how fun these kids are.

I am currently trying to make some plans for my Christmas break, and there any too many options. If I buy tickets now I can go to Laos, Philippines, Thailand, Japan, or Bali. I am going to wait until I get my December paycheck so that will limit my choices and hopefully one place will stand out among the many.

You can ski in Seoul, well just outside the city, but that will be very fun this winter!

I will put up some pictures of the kids tomorrow, I needed to charge up my camera. Hope all is well.

Comments

  1. Hi Phillip,

    Good to hear from you again and especially to hear that you are back to tip-top shape. I'm thrilled your kids love you. And they are certainly very expressive. A lot of the credit goes to you and your attitude. Good work! I was curious though, how did you explain Thanksgiving? Now, as to vacation. I vote for Bali...cause I can't wait to see pictures from such an exotic place. How expensive is it to fly around from Seoul? BTW, Korean Air is showing a very interesting advertisement on TV just now.

    Well, we are preparing for Thanksgiving around here. The big discussion is should we eat in (Mom and me) or hit one of the high-end restaurants. It's win-win as far as I can see! Well take care and I can't wait for the pictures.

    TTFN

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment