Sokcho Holiday



This past week, I had 3days off for the Lunar New Year. A very big family holiday here in Korea. Original plans were to get out of this cold weather and hit Thailand for a couple days but on thing led to another and I found myself staying in Korea. Christophe and I decided to get some hiking in and see a different city so we headed off to Sokcho. It is a beach city pretty far north on the east coast.
We managed to get in some hiking, some amazingly fresh seafood, met the locals and made plans to head back in a couple of months.
In these pictures I have the Expo Tower. This picture pretty much captures all you need to know. Cool looking, not very busy but a good landmark. The other picture I just think is great.
Enjoy the next couple of posts from vacation.

Comments

  1. Hey Dude, good to see you posting again. I have got to say that S. Korea has some of the most varied and unusual modern architecture that I've ever seen.

    Any more information on the other picture? Is it part of a larger mural? The guy doesn't (to my stereotypical eye) look Korean. What do you think?

    So when's your next big vacation and when does it warm up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as far as that picture goes, I know it was a mural. It was taken at the national park where there were several such paintings. Sorry but no further description available. I just took a close up of that face because it made me laugh. He does look Korean, you just have to see a very very angry Korean to see the resemblance.

    I have about 5 months before my next big vacation, and I have plenty of time to plan so I am definitely getting out of Korea. As far as weather goes. It was 50 degrees on Monday but basically mid 30's for the next month. But rumor is come March it starts to warm up quick and does not slow down. Short spring and right into summer by mid/late April.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment