Rainy Hallasan Forest


This misty picture of the fallen tree and water hole really symbolizes my hike that day. It was off and on rainy the whole time with little or no visibility. This was on my way down the mountain and just felt peaceful even though my mood was a bit down because of the weather.


 The rain also brought out some colors in the forest. It is a bit hard to see and capture with a phone camera, but these fungi were bright purple and I could see them yards away down the path.
And after a long 7 hours hiking, some famous Jeju black pig on the grill. With enough side dishes to have as a meal on their own. This is a meal that Korea got right. I will never get tired of having pork belly, grilled kimchi and side dishes with my soju at the end of a day. (or the beginning of a night)

Comments

  1. Hi Phillip. Your pictures are fabulous. I especially like that blue tree fungus. Do you have a mailing address? I would like to send you something. Stay well. Merry Christmans.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment